Six Important Exam Day Rules
FAILURE TO BRING APPROVED FORM OF ID WILL RESULT IN BEING REFUSED ENTRY TO EXAM
- NO REFUND OR RESCHEDULING OPTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED DUE TO FAILURE TO ADHERE TO POLICY -
It is the individual candidate's responsibility to bring with them, and provide to the test center proctor for inspection, identification in the form of
ONE VALID (non-expired) GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID WITH SIGNATURE. You will not be admitted to the examination without proper identification, and there will be no refund of your test fee. The first and last name on the identification must be the same as the first and last name that appears in your MyNCIDQ Record. If you need to change the name shown in your MyNCIDQ Record, SEE RULE #2.
PRIMARY IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Primary identification must be from the following list and must include your signature and a recent recognizable photograph. This ID must be current (not expired).
• Valid driver’s license with photo
• Military identification card with photo
• National identification card with photo
• Valid passport with photo
ALTERNATE IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
If you cannot present one of the primary IDs listed or your primary ID does not contain both a photo and your signature, you must present two forms of identification from the following list (not expired), ONE of which must contain a recent recognizable photo and ONE of which must contain your signature.
• Valid driver’s license
• Military identification card
• National identification card
• Valid passport
• Student identification card
• State/province identification card
• U.S. passport card
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
• ID with no photo (unless accompanied by another form of ID with photo)
• Expired driver’s license or passport
• Draft classification card
• Letter of identity from a notary
• Social Security card
• Credit card or bank card of any kind
• Employee identification
If the test center administrator questions the ID presented, you may be asked for additional proof of identity. You may be refused access to an examination if the test center staff believes you have not sufficiently proven your identity. You will not be admitted to the examination without proper identification and there will be no refund of your test fee. Admittance to the test center and completion of your examination does not imply that your identification is valid or that your score will be reported.
NAMES MUST MATCH: EXAM RESERVATION <<>> GOVERNMENT-ISSUED ID
CANDIDATES MUST COMPARE ID NAME TO NAME IN YOUR MyNCIDQ ACCOUNT TO ENSURE THEY MATCH
- DIFFERENCE IN NAMES WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATE BEING BE TURNED AWAY AT TEST CENTER -
Prometric exam appointments are issued using the legal name each candidate has provided in their MyNCIDQ Account Profile. Compare your ID to your registered name, to ensure the name listed in your MyNCIDQ Account Profile matches the first and last name on your valid government-issued photo ID, FAR ENOUGH PRIOR to exam appointment to resolve appropriately, or you will not be granted access to the scheduled exam, nor will you be provided with a refund or other remedy.
If your first and last name does not match exactly the name on your reservation, you will need to request CIDQ make a revision for you, at least one business day prior to your scheduled exam, to allow time for change your name to be processed in the system. To request a change to your name, fill out a Name Change Form and email it (at least one business day prior to exam) to: email@example.com
CIDQ staff cannot provide changes on the Day of Exam!
Name Change requests can only be processed during CIDQ office hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm ET
CIDQ offices are closed: Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
VERIFY APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
When you book your exam appointment, you receive a confirmation email from Prometric with your exam appointment details. You can also verify your exam appointment details by logging into your MyNCIDQ Account, clicking on the Dashboard tab, and clicking on the details link next to the scheduled exam. Alternatively, you may visit Prometric’s website and enter your exam Confirmation Number and first 4 character of your Last Name to review your appointment details. In both cases, you will be able to confirm the exam, date, time, and location of that specific exam appointment.
ARRIVE AT TEST CENTER 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR START TIME
LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED AND NO REFUND OR RESCHEDULING WILL BE OFFERED
It is the responsibility of the exam candidate to allow sufficient time for the security check-in process, which can take up to 30 minutes. Specific information on security measures taken at Prometric Test Centers can be found below.
Any testing issues, comments, complaints must be submitted to CIDQ within 10 days of a candidate’s exam appointment to be reviewed for consideration.
To reschedule an exam appointment for the current exam administration only log into your MyNCIDQ Account, click on the Dashboard tab, and click on the reschedule link next to the scheduled exam.
A candidate may reschedule an exam appointment for the current exam administration only at no charge 31 days or more prior to the originally scheduled appointment. A candidate may reschedule an exam appointment for the current exam administration only 5 to 30 days before the originally scheduled exam appointment for a $45 reschedule fee payable to Prometric. Exam appointments may not be rescheduled less than five days prior to a scheduled appointment and cannot be rescheduled to the next testing window.
NO REFUNDS - NO RESCHEDULING WILL BE GRANTED FOR "NO SHOWS" / EXAMS CANCELLED WITHIN FIVE DAYS OF EXAM APPOINTMENT
EXAM CANCELLATIONS (cancellation fee will apply) must be made thru Prometric Testing Centers, via https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/ncidq at least five (5) days prior to scheduled exam, for any exam registration refund to occur, and an $80 fee per cancelled exam will be applied.
EMERGENCY CANCELLATION REQUESTS May be sent directly to CIDQ using the official form and must be received no later than 10 days following scheduled exam appointment. Requests are considered on a case by case basis, and must be accompanied by appropriate documentation such as emergency medical or accident verification (i.e. hospital documents, police report, death certificate). Emergency Cancellations are subject to review for approval or denial and penalty fees do apply.
PROMETRIC TEST CENTER SECURITY MEASURES
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device prior to entering or while in the testing room, staff will confiscate the item. The candidate will not be allowed to test and candidate's exam will be terminated.
- Candidates will be asked to empty and turn out their pockets and may be wanded or go through a metal detector during the check-in process for test security reasons
- All candidates will be required to remove their eyeglasses for close visual inspection by the test center administrators. These inspections will take a few seconds and will be done at check-in and again upon return from breaks before candidates enter the testing room to ensure they do not violate any security protocol.
- Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited. Candidates should not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Hair accessories are subject to inspection. Candidates should refrain from wearing ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands, and other hair accessories, as they may be prohibited from wearing them into the testing room and asked to store them in their locker.
- Religious headwear may be worn into the testing room; however, it may be subject to inspection by a test center administrator before entry into the testing room is permitted.
- No breaks are scheduled during the exam. Candidates who must leave the testing room to take a break may do so, however, they will not be given extra time on the exam.
- Other exams will be administered during appointment times. Candidates may hear typing on keyboards, coughing, or people entering and exiting the testing room.
- Accessing mobile phones or study materials after arriving at the testing center or during breaks is prohibited.
- Prometric will provide lockers for exam candidates to store their purses, phones, jackets, and medical supplies.
- Prometric is unable to provide a completely noise-free environment. Earplugs may be requested.